Sunday, September 25, 2011

Menu Planning

Well, we didn't stick to our menu plan over the weekend very well. My parents asked us out to supper-- so we are behind a tad! I rotated the meal we missed into this week.



Breakfast
Lunch
Supper
Sunday
Toast and applesauce
Picnic Lunch (sandwiches, chips, fruit, raw veggies)
Supper at Grandma’s!
Monday
Omelets
Panera Bread—love lunch with friends!
Leftovers from Grandma’s
Tuesday
Cereal and fruit
Roast Beef Roll Ups
Grilled Hamburgers
Wednesday
Pancakes
Grilled Cheese
Fajitas
Thursday
Oatmeal and fruit
Spaghetti Squash
Homemade Pizza Rolls
Friday
Fruit yogurt
Turkey Veggie Goulash
Breaded Pork Chops
Saturday
French Toast
Leftovers
Little Ceasars!


I need some new ideas for an easy breakfast around here. Lil'bug won't eat meat, and she is very picky about eggs as well. Any ideas?

Also, I was asked how I made the charts that I use for the menu planning. It is a long drawn out, pain in the bumper process. But I will share it with you. Are you sure you want to know? Ok, then pay close attention. Don't miss any of the steps! 1) Open word. 2) Create a table with 4 columns and 8 rows. 3) List the days of the week down the first column, and "breakfast", "lunch", and "dinner" in the top row. Leave the first block, empty, though. 4)Copy, and paste into your blog.

Ok, I might have been exaggerating about how difficult it actually is. Because it is easy. I always make my tables in word, but I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to create a chart on the blog. I gave up and figured I would just try the obvious "cut and paste"... and it worked! Who knew things could be so easy!

If you have any questions about the process, shoot me an email and I will help you out! Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment