Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hat fever!

Last night was supposed to be our Saturday Night Live-athon, but DH was really into some strange movie that I didn't want to see. So, what would anyone do? Make some hats, of course! First, I loomed Lil'bug a nice warm hat for winter. Although it isn't winter yet, it is starting to get chilly! I wanted to make her a hat that is more appropriate for this autumn chill.

I have never sewn a hat before, but I have been working a lot with knits, and thought it would be a great opportunity to try! I dug some stretchy fabric (a pretty heather lavender from Walmart- only $1/yd!) out of my stash and started thinking, and cutting, and pinning, and sewing... and ta da! My very own version of a slouchy hat! It turned out so cute, I wanted one for me as well. Now we have matching hats! Here are some pics that I took on my cell phone. Sorry for the bad quality-- it was cold and cloudy and I didn't want to go dig out my camera. 



I can't believe how fast today has flown by! What is happening?


No comments:

Post a Comment