Friday, October 7, 2011

Puppy Blanket

We are getting closer and closer to getting our new pup home! We have our home visit set up for Sunday, and we couldn't be more excited! Tonight, I made Daphne (sweet name for a sweet pup!) a blanket. I went to Hobby Lobby to pick out fabric planning on making her a simple fleece tie-style blanket. But as I was looking through the scrap bin, I found some fun colorful cotton print for dirt cheap! At this point, I changed my mind and decided one side would be cotton print, and the other would be fleece. Until I found just over one yard of turquoise flannel for a couple bucks. Matched the cotton, looked great... sold! I dug through and found another cotton print that went with what I had picked out, and it started to look like Daphne was going to be getting a pretty fancy puppy blanket.
I even asked the lady in the sewing department if a blanket made out of these materials could withstand a puppy. She was positive that it would work well. (Plus, 100% cotton will wash so much easier than a poly-blend.)

I sure hope we get to meet our new pup soon! We are all so ready! 

*I wing/wang/wung the style of the blanket in my head, and I am so happy how it turned out. I am sure people are making blankets just like this all over the world-- I just haven't checked because this particular blanket was designed in my head. If you would like a tutorial, let me know!*

No comments:

Post a Comment